The Community Laundry Co-operative (CLC) is looking for part-time staff to work in our wash & fold laundry service, Community Impact Laundry. As our social enterprise business grows, we will need staff who can work independently in the evening and on weekends. The CLC encourages applications from individuals who experience barriers to employment, including newcomers to Canada, women, Indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, and members of LGBTQ2S+ communities.
About the CLC
The CLC has been changing lives through laundry for over 20 years. Located in Vanier/Rideau-Rockcliffe, the CLC provides low-cost access to self-serve laundry facilities for low-income residents including seniors, single parents, New Canadians, people experiencing homelessness, and people with developmental, physical or mental health challenges. While members come for clean clothes, an on-site counsellor can provide one-on-one support and referrals in a friendly, informal environment. After two years of the pandemic, rebuilding community and reducing isolation is an important objective for the CLC. The CLC also operates Community Impact Laundry, a social enterprise wash & fold service that provides income and work experience to people who face barriers to employment. The testimony of people who credit the CLC with enabling them to improve their lives is powerful.
Laundry Attendants are responsible for:
• Ensuring clients’ linens are kept separate from other clients’ linens.
• Sorting laundry and stain removal.
• Operating commercial washing and drying machines.
• Folding, weighing, and packaging clean linens.
• Maintaining records of the linen processed.
• Reporting any problems or concerns promptly to management.
• Effective communication skills in English.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as folding laundry in a fast paced
• Reliability and availability to work a flexible schedule.
$15.00 per hour
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Phil at email@example.com.
- Questions can also be directed to Phil either by email or phone (613-421-1254).
- Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
- We thank everyone who applies but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Download this posting as a PDF file.